Have you during times of illness experienced any of the following?
- Not being able to make an appointment to see the doctor at a time that is convenient to you and your family’s needs.
- Being forced to attend a clinic for your doctor’s appointment when you know a phone call would have been enough.
- Having to bring rowdy young children to your doctor’s appointment because you couldn’t find a babysitter at short notice.
- Being hurried through clinic questions that leave you confused and frustrated.
- Sitting in the clinic waiting room long after your set appointment time and then wasting more time waiting in the doctor’s examination room.
- Having a doctor that is running behind rush through your examination so that you feel your health needs were not satisfactory met.
If you have experienced any of these things, do not worry – you are not alone!
Welcome to DAHD – Australia’s leading bulk-billed in-home after hours doctorÂ service. As a patient of Dial a Home Doctor, you will always have a doctor who invests his or her time to get to know you and your family. In particular, you will enjoy the immediate care and 24/7 availability associated with hiring one of our home doctors.
You can reach your after-hours doctor via secure emails, phone or arranged visits. Our doctors make all the effort to see you in the shortest timeframe possible. When routine care or acute problems can be managed over the phone, we will do so, thus saving you time.
If you decide to use our after-hours doctor, your typical office visit will be a maximum of 30 minutes in most cases. We understand your time is precious and therefore we offer a “no wait” waiting room for your enhanced convenience.
The current healthcare system in Australia can be confusing.Â Our after-hours doctor will do everything possible to ensure your journey through the maze of pre-approvals, referrals, and visits to other doctors, will be as simple and stress-free as possible. We will provide you with all the required information, e-mails, and even call specialists when necessary to make your experience with us hassle-free.
At DAHD our doctors are problem solvers. When new complications related to health arise, they will set aside the necessary time to establish diagnosis and treatment. This time also allows them to manage complicated or chronic health problems safely. Our doctors also keep up-to-date with all the changing medical treatment options and guidelines.
In order for you to live an enhanced quality of life, you need to take proper care of your health – which is your most valuable asset. Our after-hours doctors are your health coaches and advisers, offering you healthcare packages that include:
- A full health risk evaluation and physical exam.
- Counselling on nutritional needs.
- Fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Detailed preventive cardiology assessment.
- Proper diseases screenings and prevention.
- 24/7 access to our website, blog and in-depth answers to your emails.
“Holistic” Treatment Options
Science is the backbone of medicine, and whenever possible you healthcare should be based on quality and unbiased research. But medicine is also an art and doctors need to use their common sense and intuition in some cases. Our services are holistic in their approach, and our after-hours doctors appreciate that the “wholeness” that makes us human is a combination of our psychology, biology and spirit. They do not consider themselves to be alternative medicine doctors, but have become adept in filtering the thousands of alternative medical care options available. Some of these options have low risk, high benefits and are proven effective, and our doctors recommend them whenever appropriate. If you are searching for a science-based home doctor that utilises experience and acquired medical common sense to care for your overall health and wellbeing, our doctors are perfect for you.
National Care Network
Our after-hours doctors are connected with a National Care Network of private physicians. If they feel your condition cannot be managed over the phone, and a visit is not possible, they can arrange for you to be seen by another doctor. Dial a Home Doctors have medical representatives in all major cities.
We fully understand that you have busy schedules that sometimes do not allow for weekday visits. This is why we also offer weekend visit availability as well. What’s more, since we do not depend on physical visits alone, phone calls are a great option too – even for some complex illnesses.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to book a free first time consultation, please contact us. We are always happy to help and to answer any questions you might have.